Friday, July 25, 2014

A Teacher's Prayer

Oh Lord, may You help us to walk in a manner worthy of the calling...

Verse:
You called the little children, “Come to Me”
And taught us what Your kingdom ought to be
So help me, Lord, to follow faithfully
To bring to You the ones You bring to me

Chorus:
Help me be Your hands to give them sight
Help me be Your arms to lend them might
Help me be Your rod to teach them wrong from right
Help me be their guide towards Your light

Verse:
You called me long before I knew of You
And loved so much You paid all I had due
So when the children need such patience too
Please help me love them just the way You do

Chorus:
Help me be Your hands to wipe their tears
Help me be Your arms to calm their fears
Help me be Your voice so every child may hear
That through weary roads, You guide and cheer