Monday, September 18, 2006

Job's Answer

At the end of his suffering, Job was confronted by Almighty God. God hurled question after question at Job, asking him about the inexplicable wonders of creation. At the conclusion of their discourse, Job could only utter a humble confession, acknowledging the sovereignty and wisdom of the Lord above anything man's mind could conceive. The following is a versification of Job 42:2-6.

I know that You can do all things,
Your purposes prove true.
Though I declared things I knew not,
Those things were known to You.
Instruct me, Lord, this is my pray’r,
Speak now, and I will hear.
For though I’d heard of You before,
My eyes now see You near.
So I retract what I pronounced,
In ashes I repent,
For no soul living on this earth
Can know Your great intent.

No comments: