Friday, September 22, 2006

Quiet Time Reflections

Each time I sit down upon my desk, longing to enter the presence of God, I feel an impulse to write of my personal relationship with Him. Sometimes, those reflections result in simple verses that reflect simple desires for an awesome God.


June 25, 2006
Today's Your day, O Lord, my King,
For You alone my soul does sing;
Your mercy lasts from dawn to dawn
With lovingkindness fresh as spring.
Forgive my sins, and cleanse me now,
Fill up my heart and show me how
To live for You from day to day
That I before Your throne may bow.


July 9, 2006
O Father God, I come into
Your holy house of praise today.
Please consecrate my heart for You,
Forgive my grievous sins, I pray.
You are Almighty, King of kings,
And yet a child You make of me;
To You will my whole spirit sing,
To You must my devotion be.
You loved me first 'fore I loved You,
So help me love with love as true.


August 6, 2006
O Lord, my God, You are the King,
The song my heart and soul do sing;
The wonders of the earth proclaim
The glamour of Your holy name.
O Father God, may my life be
A testimony all can see,
A written page by Your own hand,
A beacon leading safe to land.


August 13, 2006
My Heavenly Father, here I stand,
Before You once again;
Please guide me with Your tender hand
To shine before all men.
Please cleanse my heart and make it true
As worshipping I come;
Please turn my courses back to You,
My audience of One.


September 17, 2006
My Father, God, I come to Thee
Impure, unrighteous, worn, and ill;
Again I've wandered from Thy will
To seek what only pleases me.
Please cleanse me, Lord, this is my pray'r,
I beg Thy mercy to descend;
I ask another chance, True Friend,
To be Thy servant ev'rywhere.

1 comment:

Byron Lim said...

You have inspired me... I will try to do this as well and maybe it will help me in my devotional time. The content and intention is clear in the simple verses - a true opening of oneself to humbly come into the presence of an Awesome God!